Recovery from a heart attack does not end after your parent has gotten through the initial attack and has been released from the hospital. Instead, your senior will need to undergo a recovery period that will focus on getting through the effects of the attack and then rehabilitate the heart to support greater cardiovascular strength and health to reduce the risk of a subsequent heart attack.
Getting as much support as they can will help your parent to get through this recovery as quickly and effectively as possible so that they can enjoy a healthier, more fulfilling lifestyle as they age in place. If your parent has suffered a heart attack, starting home care for them can be a fantastic way to help them through this recovery.
Some ways that home care can help during your senior’s recovery from a heart attack include:
Assisting with daily tasks such as keeping their house clean and tidy to help your parent conserve their energy.
- Modifying daily tasks so that your parent can still participate to maintain more of a sense of independence while protecting their body and conserving their energy while they recover.
- Offering medication reminders to help your parent stay compliant with the medications, guidelines, and instructions that the doctor gave to your parent after they suffered their heart attack. This will help them to get the most benefit from their instructions and medications, and can help to reduce the chances of experiencing side effects.
- Monitoring your parent’s condition to detect any symptoms or signs that they might be suffering negative consequences or other issues that could indicate the need for further medical attention so that they can alert you to these.
- Encouraging your parent to gradually increase their activity level and support them in regaining their engagement with the world around them.
If your aging parent has developed needs and challenges that you are unable to fulfill, a changing schedule has made it so that you are no longer able to give you a parent to the level of care that you previously could, your own limitations make it difficult to fulfill your care needs, or you simply believe that your parent would benefit from more diversified support and assistance, now maybe the ideal time for you to consider starting home care for them. An in-home senior care services provider can be with your parent when it is right for them according to their needs as well as the care that you already give them.
This enables them to give your parents a highly personalized set of services designed to specifically address their individual needs in the ways that are right for them. this care can include transportation, meal preparation, assistance with personal care needs, mobility support, medication reminders to help them to remain compliant, help with running errands , and more.
If you or an aging loved one are considering Home Care Services in Wellesley MA, or anywhere in Eastern Massachusetts, please call the caring staff at CARE Resolutions – (508) 906-5572.
Latest posts by Erica Tomasello, CEO (see all)
- Five Tips for Getting Used to Being a Caregiver - September 19, 2018
- How Can You Cut Your Dad’s Heating Bills This Winter? - September 11, 2018
- Can Respite Care Help When Caring for a Senior with Alzheimer’s Disease? - September 5, 2018